About Me

I am a 42 yr old mother to 3 beautiful children, ages 19, 15,and 9. (two have type 1 diabetes.) I am married to my best friend for over 18 yrs. My life has been amazingly turned around by the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ. Life is busy & difficult at times, but I try to remember how very blessed we are. This blog is where I talk about homemaking, homeschooling, struggles we face with our daughter and the challanges of day to day life with juvenile diabetes.

Monday, March 2, 2009






FOR TODAY... March 2nd


Outside my window... It is windy and bitter cold (around 30 degrees) It looked warm with the sun shine today but it was deceiving.


I am thinking... of spring time, I have been itching to get my garden seeds started over the next 2 weeks.


I am thankful for... my husbands help with the dishes tonight.


From the learning rooms... both my boys are in public school at the moment, dd is attending school at the RTC she is at, I am in the middle of the semester up to my eyeballs in human anatomy and growth, development and labs.. I miss homeschooling.


From the kitchen...

tonight we had chicken & dressing, green beans, carrots, salad and peach cobbler.

Tuesday - pork chops, rice, salad


Wednesday - tacos, rice, beans


Thursday - pork BBQ sandwiches, slaw, baked beans


Friday - roast with veggies, rolls


Saturday - hamburgers, home fries


Sunday - veggie/ beef soup, cornbread


breakfasts will be sausage & biscuits, cereal, pancakes, yogurt w/ granola


lunches are sandwich, leftovers, pasta salad, or the like.



I am wearing... jeans, light wt. pull over, socks


I am creating... A jumper, I bought fabric and pattern today to try a simple jumper, I am trying to teach myself to sew modest simple dresses.


I am going... to clean house tomorrow, I am getting the spring cleaning bug


I am reading... my Bible, my textbooks, and the harvest homestead newsletter


I am hoping... for warm weather to arrive soon


I am hearing... the bachelor on TV in the other room


Around the house... Z got a new dirt bike today, soon hubby & the boys will be spending Saturdays riding at the track


One of my favorite things... working to finish projects on the house, I still have to pick knobs for the cabinets, finish putting shelves in the closets, ect... I love doing projects on the house, I still feel so amazed to have our new house ( even though we have been here 9 mts) it still feels brand new to me.


A few plans for the rest of the week: study my A&P ( I have slacked off on my studies and I must get back to the books..)


Here is picture thought I am sharing...

No comments: