About Me

I am a 42 yr old mother to 3 beautiful children, ages 19, 15,and 9. (two have type 1 diabetes.) I am married to my best friend for over 18 yrs. My life has been amazingly turned around by the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ. Life is busy & difficult at times, but I try to remember how very blessed we are. This blog is where I talk about homemaking, homeschooling, struggles we face with our daughter and the challanges of day to day life with juvenile diabetes.

Thursday, March 19, 2009

Savings on groceries at Kroger

Did the weekly grocery shopping yesterday at Kroger, they are having another mega event this week. Here is what I got

2- 2lb riceland rice ( had a buy one get one free) I have an awesome rice pudding recipe
3- pasta noodles
3- canned kroger diced tomatoes
kellogs apple jacks cereal
kroger refried beans
pickled banana peppers
2- duncan hines brownie mix
chicken bouillon cubes
3 boxes breakfast bars (fiber one & nature valley)
canned mushrooms
2- franks hot sauce
5- koolaid mix
Pillsbury pizza crust
4- Johnson's bath buddies soap
2- Tropicana OJ
gl skim milk
2 -6 pk danimals drinkables
3 lb bag oranges
pk tyson steak fingers
48 ct mrs pauls fish sticks
4- 4pk green giant just for one broch/cheese
16 ct pk frozen waffles
quaker rice cakes snacks bag
pk pepperoni

total cost was 50.94 ( not my cheapest week but still in budget)
total coupon savings was 54.54 (including store savings)
so far this month I have spent 150.00 on food, that is under budget for the month. (That doesn't include what we spent when we have eaten out during our trips to visit dd or birthday party food.)

Here is the menu plan this week
tonight we are having turkey frame soup & cornbread, warm rice pudding for desert
tomorrow is veggie fajitas w/rice & beans
saturday- steak fingers w/gravy, taters, broccoli & cheese, rolls
sunday- homemade pizza
monday- mac & cheese, fish sticks, fruit slices
tuesday - ? will be dads choice, I will be going to pick up dd for a home visit.

breakfast are - breakfast bars (Z loves these), cereal, biscuits w/sausage, waffles
lunches are sandwiches & fruit, pasta salads, & leftovers ( now that the boys are in public school I am the only one here for lunches) :(

No comments: