About Me

I am a 42 yr old mother to 3 beautiful children, ages 19, 15,and 9. (two have type 1 diabetes.) I am married to my best friend for over 18 yrs. My life has been amazingly turned around by the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ. Life is busy & difficult at times, but I try to remember how very blessed we are. This blog is where I talk about homemaking, homeschooling, struggles we face with our daughter and the challanges of day to day life with juvenile diabetes.

Tuesday, March 24, 2009



Tammy @ http://www.tammysrecipes.com/ is hosting a weekly blog post called Making your home a Haven. This week is about putting together 5 things that make up your morning routine to get your day off to a peaceful start. This is something that I have attempted to do in the past as part of the Flylady's http://www.flylady.net/ home program, which I love but have trouble keeping up with. So this blog post is just the thing that I need to help me to get back on track with my routines. I find it really does make a difference in my day if I will stick with it. So my morning routine is


1) awake between 6 -6:30 - this is the hardest for me, I prefer to sleep until 7:30, but I feel better about myself if I get up and fix the boys a cooked breakfast and not just let them eat cereal.



2) empty dishwasher, start a load of laundry



3) have a cup of coffee & read my Bible, pray



4) shower, swish & swipe bathroom



5) dress for the day & make my bed

No comments: