About Me

I am a 42 yr old mother to 3 beautiful children, ages 19, 15,and 9. (two have type 1 diabetes.) I am married to my best friend for over 18 yrs. My life has been amazingly turned around by the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ. Life is busy & difficult at times, but I try to remember how very blessed we are. This blog is where I talk about homemaking, homeschooling, struggles we face with our daughter and the challanges of day to day life with juvenile diabetes.

Thursday, March 19, 2009



With so much going on these days I am having difficulty finding time to blog. To update on things going on around here the past week or two.. First off, I am so glad spring has arrived, I have a bath tub full of tender little plants sprouting up getting ready for the garden.
tiny seedlings awaiting their home.. Speaking of the garden, Paw Paw came and tilled us a large place for this year, I am so excited to have a big garden instead of my postage stamp size place that was last years. Zack and I went over to the horse lot yesterday afternoon and brought back a big ol' bucket of horse doo that we worked into the garden soil last night. I have started peas (sugar snap & canning), lettuce, spinach, radish, squash, peppers, onion, collards, and green beans. I am looking forward to adding tomatoes.

Autumn came home over this past weekend for her first 48hr visit, it was nice to have her home, although she struggled with some transition issues. She is doing very well, her grades are pretty good. She has done so well with the structure at this facility, she's afraid of getting out and not being able to cope again. I'm not sure what her future holds but I know the Lord will always be with her, She has been reading her Bible again ( PTL) I am comforted in that she is happy, that's all I ever want. Of course my hope is for her to come home and be able to live happily and have the experiences that most young girls have, I believe that it is possible. She will be coming home again next week for another 48hr visit. Pray all goes well.

This week was a great week for wags and grocery deals, I will post on these separately.

No comments: