About Me

I am a 42 yr old mother to 3 beautiful children, ages 19, 15,and 9. (two have type 1 diabetes.) I am married to my best friend for over 18 yrs. My life has been amazingly turned around by the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ. Life is busy & difficult at times, but I try to remember how very blessed we are. This blog is where I talk about homemaking, homeschooling, struggles we face with our daughter and the challanges of day to day life with juvenile diabetes.

Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Ways I can be a blessing...

I ran across this blog site today, http://www.titus2atthewell.com/
one of the lessons really hit home for me. I want to be a blessing to my husband and children, a 'keeper at home'. So I've started a list of things that by doing I will be a blessing to them...

I will be a blessing to my husband by keeping our home tidy & welcoming, keeping things organized where he can find them, by cooking a home cooked meal each night, keeping laundry put away, by saving money on the things we buy, by keeping a garden to provide fresh veggies and canning & preserving the gardens bounty. I can bless our pocketbook and our earth by using a clothes line this spring & summer to dry our clothes, using simple earth friendly cleaning products, taking more showers (not long soaks in the tub)
I will be a blessing to my children by getting up in time to cook a healthy breakfast (this is a big one since I tend to like to sleep in, and the kids often prefer cold cereal)
I will bless my children by teaching them what I can about growing your our food, preserving food, saving money and cleaning house so that they will be able to provide blessings for their own families some day. It seems so simple yet each of these things makes a big impact for your family. I hope you will stop by the above mentioned website, the devotionals are wonderful & really help keep focus on being keepers at home.

No comments: