About Me

I am a 42 yr old mother to 3 beautiful children, ages 19, 15,and 9. (two have type 1 diabetes.) I am married to my best friend for over 18 yrs. My life has been amazingly turned around by the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ. Life is busy & difficult at times, but I try to remember how very blessed we are. This blog is where I talk about homemaking, homeschooling, struggles we face with our daughter and the challanges of day to day life with juvenile diabetes.

Friday, February 27, 2009

Never thought I'd be upset with Children's hospital....

Cause I've always loved them, they were wonderful with the care and teaching when our son was diagnosed with juvenile diabetes... but I found out yesterday that dd had been to the clinic for a routine check up & I guess when the nice folks at the clinic saw that she was from "youth home" that translated into " parents who don't give a hoot" so they proceeded to give her every immunization that she could get..... NO ONE NOTIFIED OR ASKED ME, HER LEGAL GUARDIAN (AKA MOTHER.) The thing is she was not behind on her shots at all... the things given to her are some that are recommended but not required. She was given hep A, menactra, and daptacel. (sp?)
When did they start giving these to our children without our permission?? Just because she is living at youth home doesn't take my parental rights away! I am mad about this and you better believe I will be talking to the folks at children's. Autumn didn't need these shots and they should have never been given. Gurr..

No comments: