About Me

I am a 42 yr old mother to 3 beautiful children, ages 19, 15,and 9. (two have type 1 diabetes.) I am married to my best friend for over 18 yrs. My life has been amazingly turned around by the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ. Life is busy & difficult at times, but I try to remember how very blessed we are. This blog is where I talk about homemaking, homeschooling, struggles we face with our daughter and the challanges of day to day life with juvenile diabetes.

Tuesday, February 10, 2009




FOR TODAY... FEBRUARY 11TH


Outside My Window...drizzle, rain, maybe some t-storms today. Lots of mud in the yard & drive.
I am thinking...about seeing dd at court tomorrow, looking forward to the visit. She is doing ok, I am hopeful for seeing a positive change in her.
I am thankful for... my aunt (AJ) is going to be ok. 2 weeks ago she was in a car wreck and suffered severe head trauma, among other injuries. GOD has shown mercy and PRAISE HIM she is going to be ok. She will remain the sweet lady we all know and love. (So often this is not the case with head trauma). All indications point to a complete recovery!! My family is so thankful to still have her with us.
From the learning rooms...Caden will start kindergarten class this next week. I am sad that I won't be homeschooling for a little while. I truly feel this is best for now, while I finish my nursing degree. I am so blessed to have a tiny local school & to know that the teachers are wonderful christian ladies. Caden is reading CVC words and most blends, adds & subtracts, we are planning a trip to our state capital next week. science is about the oceans, land & plants (day 3 creation)

From the kitchen...we had sausage, eggs, toast this morning. tonight is meatballs, mashed taters and veggie. (we are all tired of chicken)
I am wearing...gray cotton pant, green top, bare feet
I am creating...3-5 index cards for each of the homeostatic imbalances in my A&P book.
I am going...to clean house today
I am reading...textbooks!!
I am hoping...to get my house clean and in order today, then I need to work on my truck (its a mess)
I am hearing...Caden play on the piano (bang on it really)
Around the house...I have to get the stairs rails stained this week.
One of my favorite things...a rainy day to stay home and relax.... :)
A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week: study, visit with Autumn, take Caden to the valentines party at school
Here is picture thought I am sharing..


. samples of leaves Caden collected from the yard during science.

No comments: