About Me

I am a 42 yr old mother to 3 beautiful children, ages 19, 15,and 9. (two have type 1 diabetes.) I am married to my best friend for over 18 yrs. My life has been amazingly turned around by the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ. Life is busy & difficult at times, but I try to remember how very blessed we are. This blog is where I talk about homemaking, homeschooling, struggles we face with our daughter and the challanges of day to day life with juvenile diabetes.

Thursday, February 19, 2009

I am proud to say that I have stayed in budget this month on groceries. Some of you may not know but I have set a goal to keep our grocery/ household items at < 75.00 weekly. This has been a challenge as our amount was usually 150.00 or more. This $75 includes all stuff like toothpaste, paper towels, shampoo, razors, dish soap, ect.... everything except pet food. So far for February I am just under $300 and I have everything needed for meals the rest of the month, except I will have to replace milk as needed.
Here is what I have planned for suppers.
-Spanish rice (hubby's fave.)
-BBQ meatballs, taters, green beans
-pizza (homemade)
-chowder
-fajitas with homemade tortillas, salsa & chips
-fish patties, mac & cheese, broccoli, warm vanilla pears over ice cream
-chicken & dressing, taters, gravy, carrots, green beans
-pasta with meatballs, salad
-SDC skillet
-pork chop, rice, broccoli slaw
-sauerkraut (sp?) & weenies

lunches are soup & sandwich type or leftovers ect..
breakfasts are cereal, oatmeal, eggs with biscuit & gravy, breakfast pockets, french toast or pancakes with sausage.

Even with this budget I have been able to stock up on supplies that we use by using coupons and doing walgreen's sales. I feel very blessed to be able to do this for my family. I have even been able to bless friends and family with items that I had several of. The Lord is so good to bless us even when we forget so often to be thankful. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are doing an awesome job!!!