About Me

I am a 42 yr old mother to 3 beautiful children, ages 19, 15,and 9. (two have type 1 diabetes.) I am married to my best friend for over 18 yrs. My life has been amazingly turned around by the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ. Life is busy & difficult at times, but I try to remember how very blessed we are. This blog is where I talk about homemaking, homeschooling, struggles we face with our daughter and the challanges of day to day life with juvenile diabetes.

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

The stomach bug...


Yuck.. 3am this morning Z starts vomiting, this always wrecks his blood sugar and we are likely to need to go into the hospital for IV fluids. I have meds to help but so far they haven't worked. His sugar was 378 when he started and we have gotten it down to 169. Hope we don't get low while unable to keep anything down. Diabetes nurse has us bump up his basal rates a tiny bit.. I'm worried about lows..

11:50 update - keeping sips down, no ketones, BS 196, seems to feel better. Maybe we have licked it ! yeah!!
Today dd goes in for therapy, She was feeling better last week from Tuesday through the weekend, has been a little edgy again since Sunday. Got sent home Monday for smoking at school, sneaky and lying here at home. Seems 'restless and looking for trouble'. I am holding my breath. We go to court Thursday and hope to hear if RTC placement is approved in the next few days.
College classes started yesterday, I am very busy with all the reading and notes I take. Caden is back to lessons also. I will try to post my schedule soon.

No comments: