About Me

I am a 42 yr old mother to 3 beautiful children, ages 19, 15,and 9. (two have type 1 diabetes.) I am married to my best friend for over 18 yrs. My life has been amazingly turned around by the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ. Life is busy & difficult at times, but I try to remember how very blessed we are. This blog is where I talk about homemaking, homeschooling, struggles we face with our daughter and the challanges of day to day life with juvenile diabetes.

Monday, January 19, 2009




FOR TODAY - January 19th, 2009


Outside my window... The sun is shining, temp. today lower 40's


I am thinking... About spring, new beginnings, new plants, being outdoors in the sunshine.


I am thankful for.. My job, nursing is a stable profession in this uncertain market.


From the learning rooms... Today Caden is working in his skills book & phonics work. Tomorrow is field trip day. Wednesday is reading, writing, & math. Thursday's we do science & reading. Friday is history, phonics, math
My classes are Monday and Wednesdays AM.


From the kitchen... My menu for the weeknight dinners this week is.......
Monday - hamburger steaks, creamy onion bake (new recipe) green beans
Tuesday - spaghetti, salad, Texas toast
Wednesday - eating out
Thursday - veggie stir fry, fried rice
Friday - creamy chicken helper, veggie, roll
Saturday - pork chops, taters, gravy, veggie
Sunday - soup, cornbread
Breakfasts vary - things like cream of wheat, cold cereals, oatmeal, eggs, biscuits & sausage, french toast.
Lunches - simple things like soup & grilled cheese, PB&J with fruit, sloppy Joe's, or leftovers from night before.


I am wearing... my sleep shirt, yes I have my coffee and blog in the morning in my pjs :)


I am creating... This blog, which I hope will keep a record of my life. One day maybe may grown children will be reading this.


I am going... to clean house today, then take and post pics of our new home.


I am reading... blogs about fugal living, my Bible, My textbooks


I am hoping... My daughter will begin to understand her emotions and behaviors, and how they effect her life and others


I am hearing... Caden play star wars, dd sorting through pics sitting on my bed. ( I think she is waiting on me to get off the computer hoping I'll let her on line a bit)


Around the house... Finally got my Christmas stuff put away ( I don't get in a hurry on this )


One of my favorite things... Coupon clipping, I am saving lots of $$ and really having fun.


A few plans for the rest of the week: dd has therapy tomorrow, Wednesday we take her to RTC it will be a hard day for us.


Here is picture thought I am sharing... I will post pics in a later post, I am going to be posting photos of the house and of my walgreens trip.


you can find this daybook blogroll at http://thesimplewoman.blogspot.com/

No comments: