About Me

I am a 42 yr old mother to 3 beautiful children, ages 19, 15,and 9. (two have type 1 diabetes.) I am married to my best friend for over 18 yrs. My life has been amazingly turned around by the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ. Life is busy & difficult at times, but I try to remember how very blessed we are. This blog is where I talk about homemaking, homeschooling, struggles we face with our daughter and the challanges of day to day life with juvenile diabetes.

Friday, January 9, 2009




I don't think I've mentioned just how much my mom helps me, I could not make it without her. She has always watched my children while I worked or if I just needed her too. I am so grateful that she is such a big part of their lives. I swear my boys would just move in with her if I let them ( except at bedtime Caden would call to come home and snuggle with mom :) We live close by and see her almost daily. She is always at the kids baseball, basketball games. Even though we still have several years of the boys playing ball, I will miss it when they are grown and no longer involved in the school sports. My mother and I have had many a good memory watching softball and traveling to the 'middle of nowhere' for games. I bet she will read this too... so thanks mom, for all you do for me and the kids. I love you.

5 comments:

Carol said...

Hi. My name is Carol and I homeschool 5 children. I also have been turned around by the Lord. Praise Him! That was 16 years ago.

What a great mom and Grandma to have! She's a blessing.

KC said...

I hear ya about being Thankful for a mom who is always there. My mom is the same way, because of my mom and my grandma I have never had to use a babysitter other then the two of them be it for me working or just needing to do something without the kids.

Pam said...

This is a wonderful moment! So glad to wrote it! Your mom sounds much like mine... (and my dad) she is always there for us! I couldn't do it without them!

Aunt Jane said...

You indeed have a wonderful Mom--you must come from a great family!!
I enjoy reading your blog, whether it is life with family or how you save all that money!!

mom said...

I follow your blog and although it is heartbreaking at times, I know that God will give you the strength and Grace to handle it all. You are an amazing mom. Someday even dd will know and understand that. I enjoyed the pictures. What a beautiful family. Keep the Faith.