About Me

I am a 42 yr old mother to 3 beautiful children, ages 19, 15,and 9. (two have type 1 diabetes.) I am married to my best friend for over 18 yrs. My life has been amazingly turned around by the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ. Life is busy & difficult at times, but I try to remember how very blessed we are. This blog is where I talk about homemaking, homeschooling, struggles we face with our daughter and the challanges of day to day life with juvenile diabetes.

Monday, January 19, 2009

Just an update..

We were in court last Thursday and we were given court ordered placement into a residential treatment youth facility (which we were asking for) dd knew we were in the process of getting approved, still when she found out that she would be going this week she was very angry. She didn't speak to anyone (except hateful snips ) for 3 days. She was thinking that it would be like living in acute care, I finally got her to stay in the room with me long enough to explain that she would be able to have personal items, pics, makeup, ect.. and she is much happier now. She even brought down her bag of clothes that she packed and showed them to me!
I am having mixed emotions, I hope I don't fall apart Wednesday when we take her there. It sounds like a good place, I know she needs to go, if she stays here she will end up getting into trouble and going to detention or worse hurt herself or someone else. We can visit and call, I think she will get weekend home visits if she is stable and doing well. Still, I carry this lump in my throat, I keep thinking of her room being empty, one less plate at the table, ect.. yes, she is diffcult but it will leave a very large void in our day to day life with her not living here. When she is in a good, sociable mood she lights up a room. really! For example Thursday when we were at lunch, a young waiter came to the table and said to her..... "Miss, I just have to tell you that you are the most beautiful person to ever walk through that door, and you took my breath away. I just think you have to know it" then he left. She just smiled and said "thank you" Such is life with my daughter!
So keep us in your prayers, pray the boys understand why she is not going to be here. I try to explain things but keep it light. It is hard to know how much to say, they know of course that she has issues, so I think they understand that she is trying to get 'better."

No comments: