About Me

I am a 42 yr old mother to 3 beautiful children, ages 19, 15,and 9. (two have type 1 diabetes.) I am married to my best friend for over 18 yrs. My life has been amazingly turned around by the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ. Life is busy & difficult at times, but I try to remember how very blessed we are. This blog is where I talk about homemaking, homeschooling, struggles we face with our daughter and the challanges of day to day life with juvenile diabetes.

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Goals for the New Year

I have a list of goals I plan to work toward this year, I am posting them here in hopes of holding myself accountable to reach them:


1. read my Bible through this year, I am using the Blue Letter Bible reading program historical plan

2. read 10 good books ( inspiring, or learning something new ) I will post a list when I have made the book choices

3. continue to eat healthy meals, drink water and exercise 5 x each week, the xbox system we bought for Christmas is working wonderful to get those workouts done.

4. complete a scrape book page for each week this year.

5. Go on a date with my husband once a month

6. Go on a marriage retreat once this year

7. One on one time with each boy every month

8. play games with my kids 2x week

9. read the sonlight readers aloud with my kids

10. invite one family over for a meal each month

11. write and card or letter of encouragement to someone who needs it every 2 weeks

12. enjoy a meal with our family each week (grandparents,..)

13. tithe 10%

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great goals! I think it's so nice to read and glean from others.

May you feel abundantly blessed as you accomplish each goal.