About Me

I am a 42 yr old mother to 3 beautiful children, ages 19, 15,and 9. (two have type 1 diabetes.) I am married to my best friend for over 18 yrs. My life has been amazingly turned around by the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ. Life is busy & difficult at times, but I try to remember how very blessed we are. This blog is where I talk about homemaking, homeschooling, struggles we face with our daughter and the challanges of day to day life with juvenile diabetes.

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

For all children with Type 1 diabetes....


T'was a Type 1 night before Christmas, by Lisa Lewis


T'was the Night before Christmas at our house this year
Mom, Dad and the boys were full of good cheer.

Both of the boy's blood sugars were stable
Diet soda and beef jerky were spread on the table

When what to my sleep deprived ears do I hear..
"mom, I don't feel good...my pump site's out I fear"

He dashed to the bathroom, to throw up a bit
While I searched through the house for the blood sugar kit

His ketones are large, we place a new site
and give extra insulin this christmas eve night.

Then tuck into bed and a wish for sweet dreams
and "don't worry, cause I'll check your sugar at three"

Then from down the hall another small voice
who says he feels low and quick sugars a must

The accucheck says 50 we must get something sweet
a small candy cane is the perfect christmas treat

He gets a small snack to keep blood sugars stable
while mom clears the used test strips from off of the table

So this Christmas eve one thing is for sure
What we want most for Christmas is ... a DIABETES CURE!
__________________

No comments: