About Me

I am a 42 yr old mother to 3 beautiful children, ages 19, 15,and 9. (two have type 1 diabetes.) I am married to my best friend for over 18 yrs. My life has been amazingly turned around by the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ. Life is busy & difficult at times, but I try to remember how very blessed we are. This blog is where I talk about homemaking, homeschooling, struggles we face with our daughter and the challanges of day to day life with juvenile diabetes.

Tuesday, January 25, 2011




For today: January 25th


From my heart / on my mind: I am working hard to find a daily routine that works for us since I have added an extra day at work each week. I am tweaking my morning and bedtime routines to find what works best.


Through my window: It is a bit warmer the past few days (but still cold), the sun has been out today. I long to see some flower beds our in our yard this spring..


On our menu: tonight is hamburger stew with rolls, other meals I have planned are crockpot chicken and dressing with green beans and potatos, chowder, hamburgers with pork & beans, and eating out saturday when we take Z and his friends for pizza and bowling for his b-day. breakfasts will be oatmeal with toast, pancakes, smoothies, and B&G with eggs.


Around the house: Christmas has been put away ( took forever..) I am still finding a few christmas home decor. at the dollar store for .25 and putting it up for next year. I am trying to keep up with my weekly home blessings and chores, I am doing fair in this area.


Health & fitness: struggling to get my exercise in each week, I am sticking to my improved eating habits and have lost 6 pounds so far. I am hopeful and determined to stick to it.


Fugal finds: I did not have time to do any couponing this week


My job as a pancreas: a better week for both boys
Caden's 2 week avg blood sugar is 178, he was in range (70-140) 37% of the time. We have finally gotten his basal in range, we may need to tweak here and there still. No major issues for him

Zach has been playing the role of guinea pig as we try to find the amount of lantus to add to his daily routine to prevent ketones when he dislodges his site at night ( a major issue for him ) we have been trying 20%, but our recent test proved this amount to be to small to prevent ketones at 4 hrs without his pump ( our goal ) so now we will be increasing the lantus to 30% of basal and see how it goes. We have seen several readings in the 60's but no severe lows as we are really trying to tighten his numbers and get his A1C at 7. Z's avg. BG for the past 2 weeks is 153 and he was in range ( 70-140 ) 50% of the time.


A look through my lens:

no photo this week.

No comments: