About Me

I am a 42 yr old mother to 3 beautiful children, ages 19, 15,and 9. (two have type 1 diabetes.) I am married to my best friend for over 18 yrs. My life has been amazingly turned around by the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ. Life is busy & difficult at times, but I try to remember how very blessed we are. This blog is where I talk about homemaking, homeschooling, struggles we face with our daughter and the challanges of day to day life with juvenile diabetes.

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

A new weekly post ...


Tuesday January 4, 2011



From my Heart/ on my mind: My heart is heavy over the issues we are facing with our daughter, In other areas I am hopeful for a new year and feel a sense of renewal in my spirit.


Through my window: the sunshine is wonderful, it is cold and brisk outside, I am looking forward to spring


On our menu: I have been working hard to prepare healthy meals for our family, this week includes... smoothies, waffles with sugar free syrup, bean and veggie wraps, tuna on whole wheat, lean pockets, fruit, brown rice with veggies, stew, chicken enchiladas, lasagna and home baked bread. The freezer is full of several pre-made meals that I put together last week.


Around the house: Christmas decorations must be put away, the house should be tidy by the end of today. I hope to clean and clear clutter from the upstairs this week.


Health and fitness: I am working hard to keep my calories under 1600 each day and to work out 5x week, I am working to complete a 1000 cal. burn challenge with my husband by the weeks end.


Fugal Finds: My walgreens trip this week ..


Finish dishwasher tabs

two - bottles pantene shampoo

48 ct glad trash bags

lg dawn dishwashing liquid

two - crest toothpaste

two - bottles dove daily conditioner

4 boxes cereal

4 canned progresso light soup


total 24.00

Kroger has a great sale on lean pockets I got 7 boxes for $9 after coupons. These are great for lunch along with the progresso soup or salad. I also stocked up on tampax and pads at a great price after coupons and sale discount.



My job as a pancreas: Caden continues to have high blood sugars much of the time, I made changes across the board on his basal and ratios this am in hopes of getting a fresh start. Zach is doing well checking and reporting his numbers from school each day, his numbers are more stable for now and we just have to focus on counting carbs correctly and not "guessing" and mindless snacking.



A look through my lens:

unable to post at this time will try later

















No comments: