About Me

I am a 42 yr old mother to 3 beautiful children, ages 19, 15,and 9. (two have type 1 diabetes.) I am married to my best friend for over 18 yrs. My life has been amazingly turned around by the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ. Life is busy & difficult at times, but I try to remember how very blessed we are. This blog is where I talk about homemaking, homeschooling, struggles we face with our daughter and the challanges of day to day life with juvenile diabetes.

Tuesday, January 11, 2011




For today: January 11, 2011


From my heart / on my mind: It is so nice having the kids home due to snow days, the boys are loving the extra x-box play time. Dh has been home from work due to the snow also, I am enjoying him hanging out with us. Autumn has been in a good mood since returning, It is obvious she missed us. I hope in her heart she feels how much we want her to be here with us.
As he leads me: I continue my Bible reading, we have made the decision to support our pastor in a weekly radio ministry, I am placing an order with angle tree food bank this week to support this wonderful cause. I have purged our outgrown clothes and I hpoe to be able to host a clothing closet (maybe weekly) for anyone in need through our church. I plan to ask our pastor about this later this week. I am excited to be able to attend Sunday morning service started next week on my new schedule at work.

Through my window: the ground is white with snow, it is cold, right at freezing this morning. The ground is covered with tracks from the boys building forts and from the dogs.

On our menu: I continue to follow my diet plan, staying within a 1500-1800 cal. range each day. Dh is making beans and taters tonight, other meals this week include.... muffins, smoothies, lean pockets, beef & noodles, chicken soup, sausage bread, meatloaf & cabbage.

Around the house: I still have Christmas decorations out!! This is going to be taken care of today.. I have gotten my new schedule from my job and now have a routine in place for our days/weeks, I am looking forward to beginning next week.

Health & fitness: I did not get all my workouts done last week, I only did one day... this week I am determined to do 3 days at least.

Fugal finds:
Got some great deals at walgreens this week......
5 pairs of kneehighs
colgate toothpaste
glad air freshener spray
box of bandaids
2 - 6 pack of Bic razors
2 - large packs of stayfree pads
total under $7


My Kroger trip this week........
charmin double roll 12 pk
chewy granola bars
secret ladies deodorant
2 - old spice deodorant
olay body wash
old spice body wash
aussie shampoo
aussie hairspray
lg dawn dishwashing liquid
2 - pack yogurt
sm half & half
2 - sugarfree gum
total - 18.17

My job as a pancreas: Not doing very well in this area, both boys have ran high and adjustments are being made, Zach is trying out using a small amount of Lantus to cover some of his basal needs and prevent ketones when sites are lost, Caden is needing increases across the board.
Zachs average BG - 212 in range 22% of the time
Caden average BG - 200 in range 26% of the time

A look through my lens:

This is my favorite place to go on a cold day, I love to soak in a hot bath, it is great for my stressed back and warms me up better then anything else. I love my tub, it has tiny openings along the bottom that jet air into your bath and make a wonderful spa like feeling that is very relaxing. My hubby inset our tub with brick, it is beautiful, he is very talented at his craft.

No comments: