About Me

I am a 42 yr old mother to 3 beautiful children, ages 19, 15,and 9. (two have type 1 diabetes.) I am married to my best friend for over 18 yrs. My life has been amazingly turned around by the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ. Life is busy & difficult at times, but I try to remember how very blessed we are. This blog is where I talk about homemaking, homeschooling, struggles we face with our daughter and the challanges of day to day life with juvenile diabetes.

Friday, January 7, 2011

Our wayward child returns..

I am happy to report that our daughter is back home safe and sound, I am very thankful to have her home.

I feel that I need to say... that it is only because of the Love of God that I am able to welcome her back with open arms. I will not lie, the human nature in me harbors anger toward her for the worry and hurt and selfish acts she has continued to pull for many years, the human nature in me wants to kick her rebellious butt to the curb and let her find out the hard way that the world is cold, and home is where she should long to be, the human nature in me is tired of giving her chances and feeling the hurt & disappointment when she lies and deceives us yet again.

But then I remember something & I am so completely, overtaken and grateful that the Lord loved us all when we where ungrateful, liers hiding in that garden so long age, because we were ashamed, yes hiding and ashamed because we knew we had messed up (same as she did), yet he did not leave us and let us fend for ourselves.. no he came looking for us, to find us, he knew.. of course. He must have felt hurt and disappointment that we had disobeyed, and yes there was a price to be paid,( and she will have one too) but the Lord made a way for us to come back to him.. and that is why I am able to wrap my arms around our struggling, challenging, rebel daughter and say....... Welcome home, this morning. Thank you Lord for loving me, may your love be shown to her through me. Lisa

No comments: