About Me

I am a 42 yr old mother to 3 beautiful children, ages 19, 15,and 9. (two have type 1 diabetes.) I am married to my best friend for over 18 yrs. My life has been amazingly turned around by the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ. Life is busy & difficult at times, but I try to remember how very blessed we are. This blog is where I talk about homemaking, homeschooling, struggles we face with our daughter and the challanges of day to day life with juvenile diabetes.

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Continue to struggle with our daughter

Although on the surface things have appeared to be improved for a while, I have suspected for quite some time that the same issues were still just beneath the surface. As of late Autumn has had some personal issues with the friends and boyfriend she had been hanging with, this I knew would lead to increased problems. New Years Eve Autumn became upset with me for not letting her stay overnight with friends since she was 1 1/2 hrs late coming home and trying to lie about it. So on New Years Day I awoke to her being gone.... She still is ... Just gone.... no note, no attempt to contact us ............ nothing..
I believe I know who she is with, I have no ideal how to contact her ( her phone is off) or where she is living, I have reported her as a runaway to the local police, I am not sure what we are prepared to do when/if she is found before she turns 18 in June. I am prayerful about this and it is a weight on my heart. I am sad but most of all I feel.... tired.... of feeling this heartbreak. I wonder if I will ever have my daughter want to be home and be part of this family, I long for her to be able to feel the love we have for her and do not understand why she can't feel how much we treasure and love her and how many blessings we would love to be able to give her ... I would give anything to reach her heart... if only she would let us....

No comments: