About Me

I am a 42 yr old mother to 3 beautiful children, ages 19, 15,and 9. (two have type 1 diabetes.) I am married to my best friend for over 18 yrs. My life has been amazingly turned around by the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ. Life is busy & difficult at times, but I try to remember how very blessed we are. This blog is where I talk about homemaking, homeschooling, struggles we face with our daughter and the challanges of day to day life with juvenile diabetes.

Friday, April 3, 2009

I really enjoyed spring break, having the boys home from school made me really miss homeschooling. We are unsure what we will be doing next year. Dd is talking of wanting to homeschool again & her therapist thinks it may be a good ideal. Caden begs to "do homeschool again" every day & spent a good part of spring break working in his old workbooks. Zach is thinking about homeschooling again but not sure. I am thinking we may give it a trial over the summer and see how it goes, if I can manage with my college classes ect..

Sadly, I planted my squash over the break & it appears that the cold weather got to them, they are all limp and seem dead. My peas are doing great though, the green beans are holding their own, but the radish also seems gone :( I plan to start a new batch this week maybe planting in the warmer weather will be the key. I also put out strawberry plants, I don't expect them to produce fruit this year, it is really just bulbs that I planted but we will see.

Also over spring break Caden got a new friend... Yes, someone dumped a mutt puppy on our doorstep. Of course he " just loves caden so much, and minds him so good, and caden promised to take good care of him and love him...." so he's our new family member. His name is Marty.

No comments: