About Me

I am a 42 yr old mother to 3 beautiful children, ages 19, 15,and 9. (two have type 1 diabetes.) I am married to my best friend for over 18 yrs. My life has been amazingly turned around by the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ. Life is busy & difficult at times, but I try to remember how very blessed we are. This blog is where I talk about homemaking, homeschooling, struggles we face with our daughter and the challanges of day to day life with juvenile diabetes.

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Our daughter has 'heart disease'..

Taking back what the enemy has stolen..


Lord, help me to not dwell on all the negative I see. Give me your strength to cross over from feeling helpless to believing you are able and willing to intervene in Autumn's life. Forgive me for the wrong things I've said or done that only added to the problem. Show me how I can extend love and forgiveness to Autumn and pray more effectively. Thank you, Lord for your comfort. Amen.

This is my prayer, it is from a book titled Praying Prodigals Home.
I have long prayed for Autumn, this is nothing new. But I am stepping up my efforts, The enemy has a strong hold on her, issues came up over the Easter weekend visit. She has all the reason to believe that she might discharge soon (as soon as next month) she has been doing so well in the program she's in, then over the weekend she messes up, her drug screen was positive when she returned. ( for oral morphine!!) She also lied about the why and how she got it ect... even told them that I gave it to her....! We don't even have that medication in our house, we never have. The truth is still not clear, I just can't figure out where she got it, she did have a couple of visitors but her entire visit was supervised.
I am just so disappointed. I had really been getting my hopes up as of late. I don't understand why she chooses the wrong path. I used to think it was her slight neurological delays/ her chemical imbalances that were to blame, I don't believe that anymore. Even a severely delayed person can choose right or wrong. The stark truth is that my precious, beautiful daughter just chooses to do wrong, she turns her back on what is right in favor of what is "right now" this is a disease of the heart, not the mind. Only God can cure this, I pray he will bend her heart to his voice.

No comments: