About Me

I am a 42 yr old mother to 3 beautiful children, ages 19, 15,and 9. (two have type 1 diabetes.) I am married to my best friend for over 18 yrs. My life has been amazingly turned around by the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ. Life is busy & difficult at times, but I try to remember how very blessed we are. This blog is where I talk about homemaking, homeschooling, struggles we face with our daughter and the challanges of day to day life with juvenile diabetes.

Friday, May 15, 2009

Need to update...

I haven't kept up with my posting as of late, things have been so busy. I am thrilled to be finished with another semester of college. Finals were the first week of may, yesterday I took the CLEP test for English comp I & II..... I passed!!! Praise God that I was able to get credit for these classes because I have no idea how I would have fit them into our summer/ fall schedule if I had failed the exam. Now I have 3 weeks off :) during which I plan to prepare the crafts for our VBS and missions trip. Harry and I are taking a mini vacation to Branson on the 31st ( for 2 nights) then I return to college for summer classes June 2nd.
I have made the decision to home school my children next year. This has been heavily on my heart this year with them not being home schooled. I am certain (along with her therapist) that it is in Autumns best interest to home school (both for academic and behavior reasons.) Z would have been going up to jr high this year, and although I dearly love the teachers and staff at our small elementary sadly I don't feel the same about the high school. There is a lot of things going on up there that I just don't want him exposed to yet. Also we are having trouble in the blood sugar department, due to his forgetfulness in giving boluses and checking BS. It will be easier to manage with him at home. Caden is having a miserable time in his kindergarten trial, he is hating the long days, he's board, he's whiny and worn out by the end of the day, he is looking forward to returning to homeschooling. I have most of the materials for them already but will need to purchase Caden's 1st grade supplies. I am leaning toward beyond little hearts for his glory by heart of Dakota, the more I look at this program the more I like it. I have decided to apply for the online RN program at UACCB for next year. Taking the online course is the best way to manage the clinical days and my weekend job while still allowing me to be here to home school my children.

I haven't posted any coupon deals in a while but I have been staying on track with our grocery/ household budget of $75 weekly. Last week I got some really good deals at walmart ( shocking because I usually don't get very good deals there) here's what I got...
bounty paper towels 2-wheat thins artisan crackers
2- kraft dressing 2- kotex liners
2- pk light bulbs sure for men deodorant
frenchs mustard kraft BBQ sauce
halls cough drops lint roller
2- graduation cards trial size Colgate toothpaste
altogether I paid $8.?? some change (half of this was for the light bulbs and cards.) Several items were free or just a few cents. Next I stopped at kroger and at Walgreens and spent 1.60 at each of those stores for the following items
That's quite a bit of stuff for around & $10 all together. :)
Autumn is coming home this weekend. I can't wait to see her, I miss her so much. She is doing ok, I hope our visit goes well. She sprained her ankle this week and is having to use crutches to get around. :( I hope she comes home to stay in the next month or two, I think she is ready & am seeing some positive changes in her coping skills. I know it will be a transition for her and for us. I feel like she is much more receptive to God's love now that she had seen first hand girls that have never had love, or someone to care for them. Continue to pray for her. I praise God for what he has done for her so far. Blessings Lisa

No comments: