About Me

I am a 42 yr old mother to 3 beautiful children, ages 19, 15,and 9. (two have type 1 diabetes.) I am married to my best friend for over 18 yrs. My life has been amazingly turned around by the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ. Life is busy & difficult at times, but I try to remember how very blessed we are. This blog is where I talk about homemaking, homeschooling, struggles we face with our daughter and the challanges of day to day life with juvenile diabetes.

Tuesday, May 26, 2009



FOR TODAY ... May 26th, 2009

Outside my window... it is overcast & mild temps 60's - 70's for today. We are having a wet spring ()not to hot, I am thankful we haven't needed to turn on the AC yet this year. Most days we have the windows open and use fans to enhance the breeze. nice

I am thinking... how peaceful and quite the house is this morning, C is still asleep.

I am thankful for... How the Lord has taken care of us this month, money has been tighter than normal ( and normal is tight) I really was worried how I'd get all the bills paid this month, God has been good and once again things are working out even though on paper it looks impossible. Praise Him. He has always taken such good care of us and I love him so.

From the learning rooms... Caden is home with me today, we are learning about day 6 in creation science, the beast of the earth. In history our lesson comes from the growing up where Jesus lived storybook. Phonics reading is from one fish two fish by Dr Seuss, copywork lesson for handwriting, and in math we are working on counting by 2's & 5's using pennies and nickles.

From the kitchen... this weeks menu..
hamburger & mushroom pizza, salad
stew with crusty bread
magnificent pasta w/ veggie
cowboy beans, roll, veggies
chicken & rice
chicken mac/ salad
(out of town sunday- tuesday)

I am wearing... one of hubby's shirts, pj bottoms

I am creating... a rag rug for my master bath (can't wait to see it completed)

I am going... to town this afternoon (to the bank and to get a few grocery items)

I am reading... the evolution of a creationist ( very good book )

I am hoping... to get my housework done today

I am hearing... C getting up and giving Z the third degree about why he is still here and not at school today

Around the house... the garden is really loving all the mild wet weather, several tomato plants have blooms on them.

One of my favorite things... The wonderful creatures designed by God, such as this tiny hummingbird which, by the way, is one of many animals that defy evolution.




A few plans for the rest of the week: Getting VBS craft supplies ready, a trip to Branson for hubby and me :), starting college summer courses on June 2nd.

Here is picture thought I am sharing...


I do set my bow in the cloud, and it shall be for a token of a covenant between me and the earth. Genesis 9: 13
to join the simple womans daybook click here http://thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/

No comments: