About Me

I am a 42 yr old mother to 3 beautiful children, ages 19, 15,and 9. (two have type 1 diabetes.) I am married to my best friend for over 18 yrs. My life has been amazingly turned around by the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ. Life is busy & difficult at times, but I try to remember how very blessed we are. This blog is where I talk about homemaking, homeschooling, struggles we face with our daughter and the challanges of day to day life with juvenile diabetes.

Thursday, September 25, 2008

just plain tired..

It has not been a good day for our girl, I can tell that her mood has been darker today, I have tried to ask (very gently ) if things are OK but she had a blow up at me tonight. I hope and pray that she will not be upstairs in her room cutting on her arm tonight, but I know that if I push it will make things worse. I hate these dark days of hers. I struggle with the cutting because I have no way of understanding it. We do know that she uses it to decrease her frustration level when she feels overwhelmed. I have seen small glimpses of improvement in her developmental maturity over the past several months. so I am hopeful that things will improve. I am tired tonight, I have been working temporarily at my old job, while my replacement is on maternity leave. This means that I have my regular full time weekend nights job, my weekday temp job ( 15hrs a week) part time ( 3 classes) college courses each week, lots of studying to do and papers to write, 3 children and one husband. yeah I am tired and nothing is getting taken care of at home which depresses me. The homeschooling is on hold for this month. I only have a couple weeks left at this pace then things will be calmer. Hubby has been really helpful and supportive though and I don't think I could get through it without him. Z's blood sugars have been pretty stable and we have had no problems at school managing the diabetes. we go to ACH in a couple of weeks to visit with our endo, I hope the visit is good and Z's A1C is under 8, I always feel like that # is a report card on if I am being a good mother and taking care of him or not.

No comments: