About Me

I am a 42 yr old mother to 3 beautiful children, ages 19, 15,and 9. (two have type 1 diabetes.) I am married to my best friend for over 18 yrs. My life has been amazingly turned around by the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ. Life is busy & difficult at times, but I try to remember how very blessed we are. This blog is where I talk about homemaking, homeschooling, struggles we face with our daughter and the challanges of day to day life with juvenile diabetes.

Thursday, March 4, 2010

It's been so busy I haven't posted in weeks.. I am happy to report that dd is out of the court system and her fins has been dropped at our request, we feel she is doing so much better right now. :) She has been allowed to go out on the weekends and she has came home on time! She has been doing well with her school work and helping out at home even without being asked! No cutting or unstable behavior for many weeks now. We are just thrilled with how well she is doing, I think this latest medication change has finally addressed some of the neuro chemicals she was lacking, it is like having the Autumn we knew was inside her, finally living with us.
Homeschooling is going well for all, it is most difficult for Z, he tends to be a bit lazy and get board easy, he needs a project to keep busy with but I haven't came up with anything yet..
RN school is HARD, but going well, It am counting the weeks until it's over!! We have decided that if at all possible we are going to take the family to Disney next year in celebration of my RN completion, of coarse it will depend on us being able to scrimp and save the money but it gives me something to look forword too.
I am ready for spring and have gotten my garden seeds ready to start indoors, this year I am trying sweet corn, my husband thinks this is a waste of time and that it will not work out but I am stubborn and am giving it a go anyways.. and I still want chickens... blessings Lisa

No comments: