About Me

I am a 42 yr old mother to 3 beautiful children, ages 19, 15,and 9. (two have type 1 diabetes.) I am married to my best friend for over 18 yrs. My life has been amazingly turned around by the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ. Life is busy & difficult at times, but I try to remember how very blessed we are. This blog is where I talk about homemaking, homeschooling, struggles we face with our daughter and the challanges of day to day life with juvenile diabetes.

Thursday, July 9, 2009

Sometimes the best laid plans.....
See all the plans in my previous post? Well they came to a screeching halt the next day when Z broke his leg while at the 4th of July parade. We spent the weekend at children's hospital, going through surgery, managing diabetes pre and post op. Came home Monday but he has continued to feel bad, run high blood sugars and run fever off/ on, today reaching 101.3 so off we went to our ped where he was dx with strep throat! How I hope the antibiotics take care of this and the fever and he is not getting an infection in his leg. So no church camp for us, diabetes camp is more than likely out also. He is so down hearted right now. Last night he told me this "mom, I am going to cry for a little while, but its not because my leg hurts, ok" I said "ok sweetheart" and I lay in bed and listened to my son sob, as quietly as he could under the covers, not from pain but from the limits he is facing right now. It broke my heart and I wished It would have been me. I know that I need to remember my blessings right now and I do have many, but I am having such a wonderful pity party for us right now... prayerfully Lisa

No comments: