About Me

I am a 42 yr old mother to 3 beautiful children, ages 19, 15,and 9. (two have type 1 diabetes.) I am married to my best friend for over 18 yrs. My life has been amazingly turned around by the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ. Life is busy & difficult at times, but I try to remember how very blessed we are. This blog is where I talk about homemaking, homeschooling, struggles we face with our daughter and the challanges of day to day life with juvenile diabetes.

Monday, January 4, 2010

First day back at homeschooling after our break,

I managed to get home from work this morning without any problems despite the snow covered roads, I am grateful the hospital let me use a sleeper room on sat. night but was so glad to get home... I missed my boys.
After sleeping for a few hours we started back at our schoolwork. Caden continues to study the pilgrims, todays reading was on the discovery of Plymouth rock and some of the hardships of that first year. In math he is working on number lines, he has no problem with the concept but was most curious about what went on the left of zero, so we discussed negative numbers in addition to our lesson. His copywork was from our phonics book today. In reading we started a historical fiction book on early settlers, I think we will all enjoy reading.

Z got our of doing school by sleeping over at grans tonight..

Autumn had a hard time settling down to do her work, her mood is better but she is more easily frustrated then normal, she did a math review lesson, chemistry lesson on the spectroscope & Newton's work with prisms. Reading was The Pied Piper of Hamelin (Browning), she failed to see the twist of fate in the children's probable imprisonment vs promised journey into paradise. She worked a lesson in vocab also. I am at wits end in getting her to apply herself a bit in her studies.. she would prefer to be let alone and every gain we have made in her education has been akin to pulling teeth for her and me. She sees no reason she needs to apply herself, as always punishments & rewards fail to motivate her. I am however very determined to give her at least the basics and instill in her the fact that she can learn if she so chooses too. sigh... I is difficult work... Maybe tomorrow will go better..

Oh yeah.. due to the extreme cold Moby the great dane has been shampoo'd and is staying IN MY HOUSE AGAIN....uggh.. Blessings, Lisa

No comments: