About Me

I am a 42 yr old mother to 3 beautiful children, ages 19, 15,and 9. (two have type 1 diabetes.) I am married to my best friend for over 18 yrs. My life has been amazingly turned around by the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ. Life is busy & difficult at times, but I try to remember how very blessed we are. This blog is where I talk about homemaking, homeschooling, struggles we face with our daughter and the challanges of day to day life with juvenile diabetes.

Saturday, November 7, 2009

What deer meat does to blood sugars..........

Z got his first deer today, he is so proud. However I will say that the thrill of the hunt wrecked havoc on his blood sugars. He ranged mid 300s during the hunt and after the kill even with multiple corrections. I knew that adrenaline can increase blood sugar but I never knew how much it can affect them. Hopefully he won't battle lows tonight from all the activity and extra insulin. We're so proud of our little hunter..

No comments: